It’s never too early to start building a solid foundationfor your child’s future.
Rising Star savings. For GECU’s youngest members (0-12 years). Rising Stars will
receive a treat each time he or she makes a lobby deposit of $5.00 or more. Rising Stars will also receive a treat and be recognized by GECU when earning A/B honor roll by bringing in their report card. GECU has a Shooting Star Certificate available to our Rising Star members (0-12 years). This certificate will mature on the member’s 13th birthday. Minimum deposit amount is $100 up to $2000 maximum deposit.*
Rock Star savings. GECU members 13-17 years are transitioned from a Rising Star savings to a Rock Star savings and may also open a Rock Star checking account.
Rock Star checking is a great way to teach teens the fundamentals of personal finance. Rock Star checking has several features designed for teens:
- First box of checks free (includes star or guitar graphics)
- Overdraft protection may be included from the parent/guardian’s savings (if requested)
- Free debit card
- No monthly service charge or minimum checking balance required ( first checking deposit $25.00 or more)
- With each deposit of $25.00 or more, Rock Stars may request a “star buck”. 5 star bucks= $5.00 savings account credit (one star buck per visit)
- Earn a $5.00 account credit each calendar month with 7 or more debit card purchases (must be requested by member by the 10th of the following calendar month to avoid forfeiture)
- Star Performer Certificate available to Rock Star members (13-17 years). This certificate will mature on the member’s 18th birthday. Minimum deposit amount is $100 up to $2,000 maximum deposit.*
GECU also offers Student CDs with a smaller minimum opening amount of $250 to make it easier to start saving. Terms and rates are the same as regular CDs.
*Certain restrictions may apply.