"It’s never too early to start building a solid foundation for your child’s future."
Rising Star savings
For GECU’s youngest members (0-12 years). Rising Stars will receive a treat each time he or she makes a lobby deposit of $5.00 or more. Rising Stars will also receive a treat and be recognized by GECU when earning A/B honor roll by bringing in their report card. GECU has a Shooting Star Certificate available to our Rising Star members (0-12 years). This certificate will mature on the member’s 13th birthday. Minimum deposit amount is $100 up to $2000 maximum deposit.*
Rock Star savings
GECU members 13-17 years are transitioned from a rising Star Savings to a Rock Star Savings and may also open a Classic Checking account.
Rock Star checking
A great way to teach teens the fundamentals of personal finance with several features designed for teens:
- COMPLIMENTARY checks (includes star or guitar graphics)
- Overdraft protection may be included from the parent/guardian’s savings (if requested)
- COMPLIMENTARY debit card
- COMPLIMENTARY Cashiers Checks and Money Orders
- No monthly service charge or minimum checking balance required ( first checking deposit $25.00 or more)
- Star Performer Certificate available to Rock Star members (13-17 years). This certificate will mature on the member’s 18th birthday. Minimum deposit amount is $100 up to $2,000 maximum deposit.*
*Certain restrictions may apply. All youth accounts must have a legal adult as joint owner.